How to obtain more keepers in Street Photography.
As usual in my blog I like to keep it straight to the point and not waffle too much.
So here is my top 10 tips:
1. Always have your camera with you, switched on, and lens cap off.
2. Keep an eye out for distractions, as they will distract from the photo
3. Don’t rely on autofocus, as 9/10 times the camera will focus on the background (if shooting from hip)
4. Use manual settings for full control, and use them without thinking, but knowing.
5. My personal preference, but keep your shutter speed 1/250th or faster.
6. Keep an eye on the lighting conditions. (Direct sun, clouds, shaded area) manually adjust settings
7. Always anticipate / pre-visualise.
8. A strong photo is unusual, funny, emotional, memorable, tells a story, is clever and not just a random snapshot.
9. Know your lens and camera’s personality (know their weak and strong points)
10. Go out training, like you would in a gym but train your techniques until it becomes a reflex. Practice!
If you would like me to expand on a point, drop me a comment, or if you want to add some of your own tips.